Shrimp Sinigang (Shrimp in Sour Broth) is a Filipino dish, actually it is one of the famous recipes here in the Philippines. This is a perfect dish in breakfast to make us warm. You can also use any meat you like, like pork and beef.
- 1/2 kilo large shrimp
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 medium size radish
- 3 taro
- 1 cup string beans
- 2 cups spinach or kangkong
- 1 pack Knorr Sinagang na may Gabi
- 3 green chilli
- 1 liter water
- fish sauce (dipping sauce)
Steps in Cooking:
- Put water, onion and tomatoes in a large pot. Let it boil.
- Upon boiling, stir in the taro, radish and string beans. Simmer the vegetables for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Knorr sinigang recipe mix and green chillies and let it boil for another 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and simmer the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally stir in the spinach. Add some salt if you wish. Let it simmer again for another minute.
- Ready to serve with rice.